Q: What is the B1 Usability Package?
A: B1 Usability Package (or B1UP for short) is an Add-on from SAP Business One Client that makes you able to customize many aspects of the ERP System to better fit your need. See the below links to get more information:
- Introduction video (5 min)
- Overview video (50 min)
- Getting Started E-learning landing page (available in English, German, and Spanish)
Q: Where can Download the product
Q: How do I Install/Uninstall/Upgrade the Product?
A: See the Install/Uninstall/Upgrade FAQ
Q: Is the product free?
A: No, it is a paid product, (that you buy via your SAP Partner), but you can try it for free for 20 days
Q: How do I get a License?
A: See the License FAQ
Q: Is B1UP a Certified Add-on?
A: Yes. Since 2007 the B1 Usability Package is an SAP-certified Integration.
Q: What can B1UP do?
A: It is a very very dynamic Add-on that can do more things than ever possible to mention here, but here is a list of notable features:
- Create your own menus and rename existing ones
- Provide powerful Customizable Dashboards
- Add Custom Search
- Create your own validation logic and Functions
- Visualize your data via Calendars
- Enhance the level of default data you can set
- Retrieve Exchange Rates online on automated schedules
- Create Helpful buttons on any screens to ease navigation and reporting
- Do advanced Screen Manipulation, well beyond SAP's UI-Edit
- Visualize your data with Kanban boards
- Make data-field Read-only to select users
- Define what fields are mandatory
- Bulk-update Master Data
- + a collection of 50+ Smaller toolbox tweaks to existing SAP Feature
Q: Above you list things the base SAP Business One can already do. Why offer "same" features again?
A: While correct that certain features overlap, B1UP tends to offer new features, and in the features that overlap with the base we strongly enhance the level of options and customizations you can do (an example of an area we enhance can be seen here).
Q: Does B1UP work in future versions?
A: Yes. B1 Usability Package is aimed at working in current and future versions. Depending on the changes SAP makes, a new version of the B1UP might be necessary (Again we aim to have new versions ready for the ramp-up of future versions).
Q: Who is Boyum IT?
A: Boyum IT is the developer of the B1 Usability Package and is a partner with the company that sold you the add-on. Boyum IT handles the development of new versions and maintains 2nd level support. Boyum IT is located in Denmark.