Q: What is the Import/Export System?
A: This is the system in which you can import and export configurations from our various Modules (Function Buttons, Item Placement Tool etc.)
Q: What is new (why this article)?
A: With the release of B1UP 2018.02 release why have a brand new import/export system written completely from scratch.
Q: How does this affect me (why should I care)?
A: While this re-write gives mostly benefits there can be some transition issues you need to be aware of (see Disadvantages)
Q: What are the advantages of this change?
A: There are 3 main advantages.
- It paves the way for us to implement the much requested Mass Import and Export of all configurations in a single operation :-)
- All imports allow you to overwrite existing configurations (only a handful of our current configurations allow this)
- We can make features faster (import/export are 100% automated behind the scenes) giving you more requested features
Q: So what are the drawbacks?
A: There are a few small drawbacks (especially in temporary transition between the old and new system)
- Temporary: Exports done from a version of B1UP older than 2018.02 will not be able to be imported into the new system. This means that for those of you that have "template" configurations exported, you will need to import them into a system running B1UP 2017.x, upgrade to 2018.x and re-export them as templates.
- Permanent: The feature of Import single configuration directly to the screen is removed (it is not compatible with the new system and will not be re-introduced)
- Permanent: The export all via right-click have been taken away (Feedback showed that very few used it over the export button directly on the screens)
Q: Is there any plans to make a tool that convert the old configurations to new ones?