The following guide can help you how to change the item management method, for items which you manage by Produmex WMS as well.
Please note always refer to the wiki documentation about the supported features for serial number managed items:
In general we can say that if you have stock for any item (SAP or Produmex) changing serial number configuration should be made with caution as it can lead to inconsistencies between SAP and Produmex Serial number information.
As a golden rule we can say that changing / updating existing SAP serial number master data record is NOT SUPPORTED by Produmex WMS. Please refer to the wiki documentation.
There are some cases however when you need to change the management method for an item from On release only to On every transaction.
Please review the SAP Business One official documentation and the different behavior for each options.
In order to correctly change this setting for the item you need to follow the procedure below:
- Check if you have stock for the item, check both SAP and Produmex WMS stock.
- Issue out existing stock from SAP and Produmex WMS.
- If the item has no stock anymore, you change the item master data and set the management method to On every Transaction.
- Create Goods Receipt document to create the original stock. This time the system will ask for serial numbers as well.
- Check SAP and Produmex WMS stock details.
Serial number details should be captured in SAP OSRN and Produmex PMX_SENU tables as well.