In Produmex WMS an API key is needed to run the Google maps functionality. Each customer needs to get his own API key to be entered in the Google API key field. To generate a Google API key, you must create a project.
For each project billing set-up is required, but you will only be charged if a project exceeds its free quota. Free quota contains 28 500 map loads / month.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Click here.
2. Click Create new project.
3. Add a project name and location.
4. On the Dashboard click Go to APIs overview.
6. Click Enable. Now you are redirected to you project page and the enabled API is listed.
7. In the menu click Credentials.
8. On the Credentials page click +Create credentials.
9. Select API key in the drop-down menu. Your API key is generated.
10. Go back to the Library menu enable the following APIs:
- Directions API
- Geocoding API
11. On the Edit API key you can rename your API and add a restriction that can protect your credentials against service thefts.
12. When you create API key restriction, select all of the 3 enabled API keys and click OK.
13. In Produmex WMS go to Organizational Structure > Config tab > Google API key and insert the generated Google API key. Click OK.