In a system with no internet and very strict internet rules (closed outgoing ports), the add-on fails to start and will instead give you the error "connection timed-out" or "incorrect connection string for add-on".
This is due to our add-ons having digital certificates on their exe and DLL files. While these have the benefit of avoiding false positives from Anti-virus programs and tampering of files, it causes the add-on to look up these certificates online and in no/limited internet setups this cause an increase in startup time (due to timeouts trying to contact the certification servers) to the point where SAP's standard 10-sec startup-timeout kicks in and cause above errors
Solution Option 1 - Disable Digital Certification check (Recommended)
- Go to folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One\AddOns\BOY\B1 Usability Package" (or "C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\AddOns\BOY\B1 Usability Package" if 64-bit)
- Locate file "BOY_USABILITY.exe.config" and edit it (You need Run as Administrator rights to do so)
- Add the following line that disables the check
- (For Copy/Paste): <generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>
[NB: This need to be done after every add-on install/upgrade]
Solution Option 2 - Increase Add-on Timeout time (will get rid of the error but is still slow)
- Log in as the user with the issue [NB: This need to be done for each user]
- Go to %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP\SAP Business One\
- Locate file 'b1-current-user.xml' and edit it "ExecutionTime"
- Increase the 'ExecutionTime' to 60000
Please sign in to leave a comment.