On SAP HANA, the connection data is not replaced dynamically when printing and it is necessary to save the selected reports with the actual connection to the right database and schema. With the HANA Report Setting Tool it is possible to modify the connection data for multiple reports and generate 64-bit RPT files from 32-bit RPT files. Please see the official documentation of the HANA Report Setting Tool here.
If you have a stored procedure customized for your reports, first the report file must be opened with the Crystal Reports Designer and the Datasource must be set.
Example of a stored procedure
Open the report file with the Crystal Reports Designer and set the Datasource. At this point the Driver should be HDBODBC32.
After the logon assign the appropriate stored procedure as the Datasource.
- Select the current stored procedure.
- Select the stored procedure that will replace the current one.
- Click the Update button.
- Close the Set Datasource Location window and save the report.
Check the preview of the report. When you open the preview, make sure that you provide the picklist ID in the pop-up window.
Run the HANA Report Setting Tool and generate 64-bit reports from 32-bit reports.
- Select the driver.
- Make sure that there is a separate directory for 64-bit report files.
- Click the Copy and update all reports to 64-bit folder button.
Example of a generated 64-bit RPT file
Make sure that you set the appropriate report path on the Reports tab of your Organization Structure.
Print a picklist document.
Example of a preview
Check the presence of the driver.
1. Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit).
2. Click Add.
3-4. Check the presence of the driver and close the windows.