If you're experiencing SAP Client crashes (check the screenshot below) or freeze in your environment, please follow these troubleshooting steps in order to find out what's causing it.
If you see B1UP crash or disconnect (check screenshot below), please see this article instead.
1) Disable B1UP
The first thing to test is if the crash can be reproduced without B1UP running. If the client is still crashing, please contact SAP support.
2) Disable all other add-ons
Disable all other add-ons to test if the crash is occurring due to conflicting add-ons.
In case the crash doesn't occur anymore after disabling other add-ons, you can try to re-enable other add-ons and change the add-on order and see if that fixes the issue.
3) Troubleshoot the issue (example case)
First, you need to determine if the issue is database or machine-specific. Try to reproduce the crash in a different database and on a different machine.
It's also recommended to test if the crash is caused by a bug that's already fixed (either SAP or ours) by testing the database in a test environment with the newest SAP and B1UP versions.
You should look for the windows event viewer for any cause of why the crash happens. If you can't solve the problem yourself, this is also valuable information to our support so copy and paste the error details (so that all the details are visible) to your support ticket.
If you suspect the crash is caused by B1UP, then usually the best way to find out what's wrong is to turn off all B1UP modules.
After you've disabled all the components, test if you can still reproduce the crash. If not, continue troubleshooting by turning the modules on one by one and checking which module is the one causing the crash.
In this example, I've found out its B1 Validation causing the issue. To further investigate what's wrong, I'm disabling all b1 validations. The same thing can be done with the item placement tool, mandatory fields, etc. configurations.
After this, I turn them back on one by one and test which one is causing the crash. I found out that the "Validates some inner level stuff" -validation is causing the crash. When I open it, I can see that the validation is set up in a way where it goes into an infinitive loop.
After correcting the values I was able to fix the problem.
Please sign in to leave a comment.