When a selected contact person email is not entered:
- If you use Outlook or an option to save the email into the draft folder in the email action configuration - an email draft will be created with no email address entered.
- If you don't use the draft folder option (so the system is configured to send that email directly), you will get an error message.
If you would like to create a workaround to configure in case no email is defined, what can be done is to set the following:
- Create a 'Conditional Action' report action the will query whether the contact has an email defined (In an IF/IFELSE):
- If you use IF only - Set the result to an 'Email Report' to email the document.
- If you use IFELSE- Set the 1st result to an 'Email Report' and the 2nd result to 'Show / Print / Save Report' or to 'Create Internal Message' to highlight those documents that cannot be emailed and perform the action you wish.