This is a guide for creating a work order for a disassembly item, also called negative BOM
The model below illustrates how Beas perceives the different items from the disassembly process.
- Create a new item in the item master data to disassemble (Non-Stock Item). Remember to uncheck the box inventory item. This way the item will be created as a service item.
- Find the newly created item and go to Item Master Extended (of the item)
- In the “General” tab, under “Mode of procurement” select “Produce” and click update.
- In the “Bill of materials” tab, add the item you want to disassemble e.g. SP01 and then add the materials that you extract from the disassembly which you want to put back in stock. In this case MAT01 and MAT07 are reusable from the disassembly (Resulting Items). Remember to set the Quantity of the resulting items MAT01 and MAT07 as negative values. Click “Update”
- Under the “Routing” tab, click “new” to create a new routing position, give the operation a name, select a resource, add a description, and click update.
- Create a new Work Order
- Under the “Positions” tab, create a new position
- In the screen “New Work Order Pos. for order xxxxxx” add the disassembly item that you just created under “Item” and enter a Qty. to produce e.g. “1”. Click update.
Following the steps above leads to the following structure of the item in the work order:
The red color of the lines of MAT01 and MAT07 indicate that the materials will be added to the inventory.