There can be multiple reasons why the CRM for Outlook client cannot connect to the server. Here's a list of troubleshooting steps you should take if the client cannot connect or keeps disconnecting.
- Since it only takes few minutes to upgrade the product, please update to the latest version from download.boyum-it.com. Note that you only have to upgrade the server version, the client versions will update automatically after that. We have also made the connection more robust in the later versions, so the upgrade is always recommended.
- These two addresses (ports 80/443) should be accessible all the time from the server and the clients:
Please check client and server firewalls that these ports are open and that *.boyum-it.com is in the list of trusted websites.
- The client, server or both are using a proxy. Note that proxies are not supported for CRM for Outlook, so in order to establish the connection properly, you need to exclude our products from the proxy or disable it completely.
- Restart the CRM for Outlook server component service from the server, and make sure the server can connect to our portal from portal.boyum-it.com. You can check this by opening the Application Management for this specific CRM customer license and clicking the link as shown below:
If the "Updated time" updates during 30 after the service restart, you can be sure that the server connection is working:
- If the problem occurs only in one machine, then it's usually bad network connectivity in that specific workstation, then you can troubleshoot the issue with basic network connection troubleshooting steps. Usually, it's a good idea to start by just hooking the machine to a network cable instead of a wifi-connection.
After that, you can make sure that the network is stable (use software like http://loggger.com/), to rule out what's causing the network issues.
Please note that troubleshooting network errors are out of the scope of our support.