The 2020.05 version is planned to be released on May 15th.
Highlights of the version
SAP and WMS support
Triggering Beas Quality Control Orders in SAP transactions. This allows to create the quality control order even when Beas is not running for a user. Customers can set their database to create the QC order when they are managing the stock transactions from SAP Business One or Produmex WMS, like managing a goods receipt. To enable this transaction, a new parameter will be available.
Purchase request creation type: new parameters in Configuration: In the previous version, at purchase request from MRP, the system added lines to an existing document of the same requester. Now a new option is available to always create a new SAP purchase request.
Performance improvements for SQL: MSSQL transaction notification was redesigned to avoid all cursors and improve the general performance of this store procedure.
As a general summary of applied modifications, we can remark:
- Replaced all CURSORS with individual results queries. Cursors performance are as good as a single query.
- Deleted all non-essential variables: we work with a minimal set and the output variables only.
- Group source code is based on object type. Then, when no source code is to be executed for any object transaction, the system can perform the procedure faster.
- RETURN: Now the system leaves the store procedure when the first error is found. This means that the system does not continue checking all errors, which provides for fast error handling.
Optimization of Beas views: Improving the performance, optimizing the most common calculations to avoid recalculating them many times, now we save those values. We add all the sums related to the work order (BoM, Routing and parallel times), for example, sum of the working time, and these are updated in each new time receipt.
Server definition and Trusted connection at Beas Services: Now you can define the Server name and trusted connection. This allows you:
- To create services on one machine for different SQL Servers
- Use trusted connection (you don't need to change Password)
Beas services Reconnecting HANA database automatically when connection is lost: Beas Web Service is now able to reconnect to Database if the DB service stops abruptly.
Debug log Improvement to add additional information and identify all information about Beas Version, 32 or 64 bits, session, station, computer name, username, Admin user info and memory information
System Information Improvement that allows to save the debug log into a file: The user can access the information of the activity log without having to run the debug window and saving the log in a file in a separate process. This will be a faster solution, especially retrieving information from processes that take time. This improvement will be available for services and the debug windows.
- For every service. In the Protocol directory users could define the path for the log.
- Debug Window: new options will be available in the setting, to save the log in a file or load a file.