Performance issues can be caused by multiple reasons, some not directly related to Produmex WMS software. It is important to obtain information to quickly diagnose the main causes of performance degradation. Areas that can affect Produmex WMS performance include:
- External tools and queries being run by 3rd party software on the database server.
- Extensive SAP B1 reports for sales, stocks, or marketing.
- Not enough memory for SQL server.
- Incorrect configurations.
To be the most effective in finding the reasons and solution to performance problems, we suggest a few steps before opening a support ticket.
- Review the scenarios presented in this article: Important scenarios related to WMS performance
- Verify your hardware infrastructure is capable of supporting your workload.
Consult with the server sizing requirements in our wiki:
- Check the performance issue on the latest product version.
We provide performance improvements with every new release, therefore we cannot analyze older versions for performance, as we cannot differentiate problems that might still exist from problems already solved.
- Run the Archiving function (see documentation here).
Some PDMX tables can grow very large in time, while the information provided in those tables is important for historical reasons, is not relevant for most of the day-to-day operations.
Archiving part of those tables can have a significant impact on performance.
In many scenarios, this will improve your performance, however, we understand that some environments will require further exploration, and it needs to be handled on a case-by-case base.
- Identify if the performance cause is at the core of WMS or another 3rd party software
- Remove/disable any 3rd party customizations, add-ons, etc.
- Ensure customizations/changes done on these store procedures are also removed:
- Once only SAP B1 and WMS add-on are running, verify that the performance is still impacted.
- Add one-by-one the extra add-on, customizations, and 3rd party code.
- Track how the performance is affected as you add each new component.
- 3019194 - How to collect HANA_Configuration_Minichecks to monitor System health status
- 1969700 - SQL Statement Collection for SAP HANA
- How Do You Run SAP HANA Mini Checks
- 1999993 - How-To: Interpreting SAP HANA Mini Check Results
If the performance degradation is felt with only SAP B1 and WMS running, then the next step is to create a Zendesk ticket. Our support team needs a minimal set of information to get started:
- Is the performance issue related to the overall behaviors of Produmex Product, or is it focused on certain flows/steps/operations?
- In the case of flows/steps/operations, please describe in detail (videos are highly appreciated) the steps/operations that are being done and their conditions.
- Document the exact layout of your infrastructure:
- How many servers are there?
- Are they separate servers for the database server, the SAP server and the Terminal Server?
- What is running/installed on each server beside Produmex WMS?
- Are the servers physical or VMs?
- How are the servers/VMs configured?
- CPU make and model (CPUs assigned in case of VM)
- Network connections (single or multiple network adapters grouped together)
- The number of concurrent users / user-type (B1 Client, B1 Client with Produmex WMS add-on, Produmex Fat Clients)
- All the information that was collected by the HANA Configuration Minichecks script
Please sign in to leave a comment.