[Legacy note] Browser access is not supported by SAP anymore, and therefore not supported by Boyum either.
As most might know SAP introduced a Browser Access (BA) version of the SAP Business One with release 9.2 (and Cloud Control Center). In general most of the B1UP functionality (Buttons, macros, IPT, etc.) will work in the browser access but due to technical limitations imposed by SAP, there are some limitations.
This page explains the limitations over the regular desktop client for the B1 Usability Package.
Browser Access: General
- The SDK for Browser Access is a limited version of the Desktop SDK so it does not offer backward compatibility. This means that certain events and features simply do not happen in browser access.
- Browser Access is meant as an end-user tool. For that reason, both SAP and B1UP do not offer configuration screens in the browser. You use the normal desktop client to install and configure and let the end-user use the features in the browser.
B1UP: Install and enable (Cloud Control Center / SAP cloud)
- If you are running CCC and a lower version than PL07 this you need to do the following:
- Locate the SLDData database and in the table "Extensions" locate the B1UP record and change the value of Column "ClientType" from 'W' to 'A'
- B1UP often has menu structures with many menu-items. On lower resolutions screens SAP does not offer scrollbars so you can't see all menu-items. The workaround is to zoom out in the browser so you can see all menu-items. [This is a limitation from SAP that we can't work around]
- There are some new limitations on when statusbar (red/green/blue) messages can be shown so you will experience that add-on feel unresponsive (because it cannot tell you what it is doing)
- Combobuttons (FB: Multibuttons and B1 Search button) are incorrectly shown by the SDK as a combobox instead of a button. They still work though but feels very unintuitive.
- Image icon transparency does not work (new limitation)
- ? Help buttons will not show as a sidebar. This is due to a new SDK limitation that we can control the position of a form when we open it. The content is still correct but usability is low.
B1UP: B1 Validation System
- There are many events you can set up in B1 Validation that does not trigger because SAP does not offer them in BA. Most important is Key Down. We will work with SAP if these events will be available at some point.
- During validate events, it is not possible to block the event properly and force users to stay in the specific field. We do not have a good workaround for this new limitation and hope SAP can re-introduce it. If not you should expect that you need to re-work all your block validations to work from the add/update button instead
B1UP: B1 Search
- The B1 Search toolbar is not supported in Browser Access due to a new limitation in the SDK (not possible to have floating windows anymore).
B1UP: B1 Budget
- B1 Budget configurations or reports are not supported in Browser access.
B1UP: Letter Merge
- This module is not supported in Browser Access as the browser cannot interact with Microsoft Word.
B1PP: Print and Delivery
- Due to the fact that this is running in a browser, we cannot offer integration into MS Outlook. Instead, every time you use B1 Print and Delivery it will result in a PDF download in your browser of the generated Crystal (aka all report actions are overwritten)
- Mass Delivery is not available in browser access
B1DM: Document Manager
- Document Manager is not supported in browser access due to technical restrictions in browser environment.
B1UP: Make Items Read-only
- This module is supported from SAP 9.2 PL04 and B1UP 2016.12 and higher. If any of the 2 mentioned products are lower than listed it is not supported.
B1UP: Quick Create
- Due to the missing SAP support of Key Down event this feature will instead be triggered from a right-click menu. Quick Create item will not be supported.
B1UP: Tab Control
- Tab control works but you need the desktop client to make/remove tab control configurations.
B1UP: Mandatory Fields
- There seem to be an undocumented SDK limitation (bug?) that you can't apply colors to system forms. For that reason, while the Mandatory Fields do function that can't for the moment highlight what fields are mandatory with color.
B1UP: Universal Functions
- UF - Crystal Report will always generate downloadable PDFs.
- UF - Crystal Report - All parameters need to be pre-defined, the prompt window/crystal report window cannot be shown in browser access as it is a native window (Not an add-on window.)
- UF - SQL Report cannot show reports of type Chart
- UF - External launcher cannot be used due to technical restrictions
- UF - Macro - Can't use SendKeys commands