As we are roughly 6 months away from the first 2023.x release I wanted to give you an update on the expected changes for the B1 Usability Package next year so you have time to prepare.
Please note that with all future plans this is of cause subject to change.
- Remove support for Office 2013
- As Microsoft Office 2013 will reach end-of-life support from Microsoft in April 2023, we too are removing support. The minimum requires Office version will be Office 2016 / Office 365.
- Module B1 Mailchimp will go into legacy mode
- As this Module has lost its appeal over the years with our customers we have decided to put it into legacy mode. This means that we, for now, keep supporting it but will stop all new development for them and take it off the price lists. We do this to focus on what matters most to the majority of people.
- Lucene Search will go into legacy mode, removing the option to activate it in new systems
- Only a very low percentage of our customers have used this feature so we are preparing it to go into legacy mode by hiding the feature for new installations.
- Online Services Exchange Rate Feature will go into legacy mode, removing the option to activate it in new systems
- Due to very low usage, this feature will only remain for existing installations. The option will not be available for new installations.
- HANA Long-lived connections on by default
- Read more about the feature here: https://support.boyum-it.com/hc/en-us/articles/5118946225949
Beyond that the are no plans to bump the required SAP version (will remain SBO10 FP2102 or higher)