Q: I have a Feature Request for one of your products. How can I submit a such?
A: This is done in our Community Section of this Help Center
Q: What does the different status mean on a Feature Request?
A: These are the different statuses and what they mean for Boyum:
|No Status||The request has not yet been imported into our internal systems|
|Answered||The request has been imported into our internal system and is awaiting evaluation and votes of popularity|
|Not Planned||The request has been deemed to not be a good product fit or technically not possible. There will normally be a comment explaining why|
|Completed||The request has been accepted and developed but the product team. Depending on when you see the status the Feature is done but not released yet (if brand new) or already in the product (if older)|
(Status "Planned" is not used as we control this in our internal tools)
Q: What is the feature request flow in more details?
These are the steps that happen:
- You submit a Feature Request
- It is imported into Boyum's internal planning tools send a comment similar to this.
- The Product Owner and the Development Team read the request and if there are any questions to the request we will write a comment asking them (if no immediate reply it means we have understood the request)
- The team evaluates your request. This can have 3 outcomes
- A: The team find the idea so great/important that is directly planned
- B: The team find the idea valid but await it to gather votes to prove that this is a good improvement for the product and it will benefit many users
- C: The team deems the idea to not be a product fit or technically not possible (in such a case we will write a comment and mark the Request as "Not Planned")
- Now begin the "waiting phase". This can be short, long or forever based on the above step
- If outcome A you will properly see it in the next release of the product
- If outcome B the time depends on how many votes it gets and how well it fits the product
- (If outcome C nothing further will happen)
- Hopefully, at some point (again not guaranteed), your Feature Request will be scheduled for implementation. Once that happens and the feature is done intenally you will receive a message similar to this:
- Such a message mean that you can soon expect it to be in the product. When that exactly depends on the product so please follow the different products release schedule from their download pages
Q: My Idea has a lot of votes, why have it not been made?
A: There can be many answers to this:
- The people that votes are all from the same company (we only count one vote per company when evaluating)
- The idea is valid but barely a company fit so we really need "the voice of the people" to convince us that enough people want it.
- The idea is valid but very expensive to make so we really need "the voice of the people" to convince us that enough people want it.