The 2020.12 version is getting released on December 22nd.
What is new in version 2020.12
Support to Group of Unit: With the support, it is allowed to use the UoM defined in a group in the definition of item master data UoM and Production Unit, or in a Bill of materials. In addition, in these cases Beas uses the conversion defined in the groups, so the conversion formula will not be required in Beas as it uses the one defined by the user in SAP.
Additionally, we reviewed the UOM Conversion on Beas, allowing to create a formula in one direction, and determine the opposite direction with this. Therefore, if a Formula exists for Lts to Mts, Beas will use this formula for Mts to Lts also.
Product configurator improvements: It is now possible to create sales quotations instead of sales orders, or cancel an order.
- We changed the technology behind, which was based on our WebApps 1. The Web configurator has now adopted the Web 2.1 design, which allows for better screen controls and better customization.
- We added the possibility of creating a quotation instead of a Sales order. In fact, it will be configurable: the customer can decide to create only quotations, only sales orders or choose to create either from the shopping cart.
- A quotation list is also added, so if the relevant setting was activated in the setup parameters, you can see the detail of each quotation.
- Added a single place to configure the application. We added more parameters to provide better filters for the Sales employee view.
- We have also added the possibility to cancel orders (configurable) or quotation if they are open, or in the case of orders, no Work Order has been created.
- And the documentation was improved.
Better editor to modify the User Events: At Beas there are many processes that you can catch to add your own business rules, called: User Events, not all of them were well documented. A new editor allows customers to see the list of all of them, the variables are available in each one, and you can edit them more easily just by drag and drop.
Additionally you will find:
Work order Management
- Considering Production lot size in the Precalculation results
- Enabled Advanced Production in SAP Item Master data as standard Function and setup as default option in new databases
- New Unit definition field for the production lot size
- Master Data and Work order - Bill of Materials List: Support "input unit“
- Routing list: new editable field: "Slave Op. Seq. Belongs to Master“
- Added support to Sales BoM items in Picking apps
- Support to bin location grouping and document creation in the Pick Delivery app.
- Consider Resource selection setting
Data Integration Hub
- Added new mandatory fields and added logic to manage the import of previously missing fields in several areas.
- Import Bill of Materials improvement
- Full text search in a multi-selection window
- Windows Authentication: save last database info into beas_user.ini
For more information on all details of this version, please go to the activity log: Beas Manufacturing 2020.12 >>