Service Layer connection troubleshooting:
When you're starting to set up Boyum Cloud Apps, it's always a good idea to check that you can connect to the Service Layer. In order to see where the problem lies, you should test it gradually from the server to the external IP. When the connection is successful, you should see a site like this:
1. Try to connect to the Service Layer from the computer where it's installed. If that doesn't work, we recommend re-installing the Service Layer or checking from SAP support what could cause the problem.
2. When that is working, still using the server's internal IP address, try to connect from your own computer to the server Service Layer from the same network. Then you know the server's own firewall doesn't block (usually port 50000) the connection and you can continue to the next phase.
3. Try to connect to an external public IP from your own computer outside the network. Remember to make sure that your own system IP is accepted by the firewall.
If all of these work but you still get an error during Boyum Cloud Apps installation, it's most likely a firewall that is blocking our Azure server IP-addresses.
When the Service Layer connects properly from the external public IP but you still have problems while installing Boyum Cloud Apps, please continue the troubleshooting on the next title.
Boyum Cloud Apps connection troubleshooting:
As Boyum Cloud Apps requires a public IP address to connect to, there can be multiple problems while establishing the connection. In this guide, we're listing the most common issues and the troubleshooting steps that should be taken.
Few example errors:
- Http failure response for https://service-layer-euw.boyum-it.com/shared/v1/erp/getAddonStatus: 0 Unknown error
- Could not login to SAP Business One Service Layer using URL: https://ip-adressORdomain:50000/ Please check that the connection to SAP Business One has been configured correctly. - Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
In order to fix these errors, please conduct the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Check that the service layer port is open on the firewall, the port is usually 50000 if not manually changed in the Server Layer configuration.
2. Check that the port forwarding for port 50000 is enabled from the external IP to the server's internal IP address
3. Verify that the URL provided in the Boyum Cloud Apps database configuration in the portal is a public IP or a public domain
4. If your Boyum Cloud Apps configuration is set as a domain name, try to ping it. It should at least be able to resolve the IP address.
5. Verify that you have allowed incoming traffic from Boyum Cloud Apps IP address range.
6. Check and verify that you have set up the server URL field correctly, usually, the address is missing the "/b1s/v1/" part at the end of the address: https://ip-adressORdomain:50000/b1s/v1/ in the Boyum Portal application management screen:
If none of these troubleshooting steps work, please contact support and add your troubleshooting findings to the ticket.