Before creating a support request
Determine the type of issue that you would like to report. Please review the available options and their meaning:
- Bug: Something does not work as intended, as documented or you receive an error message.
- Regression bug: Functionality that was working in the previous release but stopped working without being changed in the next release (perhaps due to changes elsewhere).
- Performance issue: There is significant slowness in tasks and normal work can not be done.
- Product crash: The product unexpectedly stops, crashes and the issue is reproducible.
- Missing information: The available and relevant documentation is not helpful. Missing knowledge of the product/functionality for business process optimization, configuration.
- Data inconsistency: receiving wrong results.
Before reporting a bug
Reproduce the issue in your test environment and try to reproduce on the latest version to see if the issue is already fixed.
For Logistics (WMS/SCAN): collect all the relevant details, debug log files.
Before reporting a regression bug
Review the release notes, help file, documentation as the functionalities could change after an upgrade due to product enhancement. The goal is to review if it is the normal behavior of the System.
Before reporting a performance issue
For Logistics (WMS/SCAN): review the hardware requirements.
For Horizontal (B1UP, iPayment, CRM for Outlook) products: review the Performance FAQ and troubleshoot the issue based on the steps provided. If the issues persist, please provide feedback from the troubleshooting steps in your ticket.
For Crystal Report: review the Crystal Report performance tips.
Before reporting product crash
Collect the steps and reproduce the behavior.
For Logistics (WMS/SCAN): review the hardware requirements, review errors from Windows Event Viewer.
For Beas Manufacturing: Collect clipboard information.
Horizontal (B1UP, iPayment, CRM for Outlook): Please check this article in our help center to troubleshoot the crash: Troubleshooting SAP Client/B1UP crashes and freezing Feedback from the tests are required for us to work on the ticket.
Before reporting missing information
Make sure to review our documentation and provide the relevant source in case something is missing. Check our e-learning materials.
Note: our goal is to provide faster support for customers who are being impacted by a potential error in our products, therefore missing information related requests may get re-prioritized depending of other product defects reported.
Note: advanced consultancy related questions will be classified as premium service requests.
Before reporting data inconsistency
For Beas Manufacturing: Collect the exact step by step process performed in the system. Deactivate other add-ons and custom logic at a transaction level. Test the scenario without third party application running to isolate the root cause of the behavior as we need to be sure that it is happening when only our product is running.
Note: once we have a detailed step by step process, we may need to have a back up database of the Customer to reproduce the behavior.
How to create the request
- Submit a new request for Product Support
- Provide your email address and select the type of the issue
- Provide a descriptive subject
- Provide a very specific summary and steps to reproduce the scenario
- What happens when you follow the steps, and what you expected to happen instead.
- Include the exact text of any error messages if applicable (or upload screenshots) relevant log files.
- Let us know if there was any recent change in the Customer's environment
- For example, describe from what version to what version have you done an upgrade.
- SAP or OS update
- Select the right priority level
- Please create one ticket for one issue
- Make sure to include all the relevant environment and system information
- Let us know how the customer is impacted by the issue
- Let us know if there is an available workaround
Example for description: