At Boyum IT, we are fully committed to providing all our partners and customers with the most effective support desk experience possible. Our software solutions are feature-rich and very comprehensive and they are most often operated in business-critical applications. Due to the complexity of the landscape where our products are used, we kindly request you to read through this article. By following the guidelines provided here, you will ensure that your support request is received by our agents in the most effective way and you can expect a fast and accurate reply to your inquiry.
Setting the right expectations
According to Boyum IT policies, all bug fixes are released for the earliest available patch/release of the product affected by the issue. If we are in the middle of a release and we need to issue an urgent bug fix, we will continue to do this as a patch for the latest available release of the product affected by the issue, but we will strive to avoid this. For normal and low priority tickets any bug fix is issued in the earliest possible release of the product affected by the issue and in accordance with our development road map. For further information, please check this article from our CTO: https://support.boyum-it.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009290038-Version-Number-Scheme-of-Boyum-Products
Preliminary checks before creating a support request
- After 10.10.2022, you can only submit tickets through the Boyum Portal. Please check here for more information.
- Review your process and the related software configuration in the online documentation before submitting your request.
- Always make sure that you have run your business process on a test environment with the latest available version of the Boyum IT product you're using. You can download the most up to date software from this page: https://download.boyum-it.com/
- Please do not submit more than one request per ticket. If your ticket contains more than one request, it will be processed for only one of those and you will be requested to submit all additional requests into separate tickets.
Recommended steps for reducing your ticket processing time
If you believe that the issue is still appearing in the latest software release, please make sure to provide an answer to the reported questions below:
- - Can you reproduce the issue again and again?
- - Can you reproduce the issue for all users?
- - Can you reproduce the issue on all client PCs/Terminals?
- - Is the issue affecting all users connected to the same Terminal Server (when applicable)?
- - Can you reproduce the issue on more than one company database (a copy of the Database where the issue is appearing is not considered to be another database)?
If the issue is still appearing, in order to ensure that we can narrow down the cause and process your request faster, please provide a detailed description of the error by following the guideline reported here:
- - Provide a detailed description of the actual business scenario you're going through
- - Specify the actual result
- - Specify the expected result
When providing the detailed scenario description, we kindly request you to provide a step-by-step description of each screen you're using in the software along with the buttons / functions you clicked from those available on the related screens. Please make sure that all software screenshots and the information submitted is provided in English.
Example for description:
If the issue is still appearing, please ensure that you provide an answer to the following questions:
- Have you logged out from SAP Business ONE and made sure that both SAP and the Boyum IT software are closed? (If you are unsure on how to do this, please restart the machine where SAP and the Boyum IT software are running and test again)
- Does the problem occur even when the user you're connected with to Windows has Administrator rights?
- Have you checked that the SAP Business Application is being run with Administrator rights?
Finally, in order to exclude that the issue is related to an external cause other than a Boyum IT product, please make sure that the following actions have been taken:
- Deactivate all third-party Add-Ons running in SAP Business ONE. With third-party add-ons, we mean ANY PRODUCT RUNNING UNDER THE SAP BUSINESS ONE CLIENT AND THAT IS NOT LICENSED BY BOYUM IT. Does the problem occur even when all third-party Add-ons are closed?
- Eliminate / Deactivate ANY CUSTOM CODE you might have in the SBO_SP_TransactionNotification. Is the problem still there?
- Eliminate / Deactivate ANY OTHER CUSTOM CODE you might have at the database level. Is the problem still there?
- Eliminate any trigger / automation agent you might have set at the database level. Is the problem still there?
- Shut down any third-party application running outside SAP Business ONE that interacts in any way with the SAP Business ONE database where the Boyum IT Add-On is running. Is the problem still there?
Before submitting a support request for Beas:
- If you're submitting an inquiry on Beas manufacturing, deactivate any customization you're eventually running. In order to do so, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO COPY all the content of your Beas project folder to a backup location of your choice and then remove the Beas project folder from the system configuration or simply rename the current project folder in Windows File Explorer. More details about how to set a project folder in Beas can be found here: https://help.beascloud.com/beas (Section "Server Directory for customer-specific extensions" and section "Customer-specific extensions local") and also here: https://help.beascloud.com/beas202102/index.html?system_option_struktur.htm . Does the problem occur even when all Beas customizations are removed?
Please provide the Beas debug log by following the reported steps below:
• Open the Debug Window. You can access it by clicking "Crtl+Shift+I"
• Set the debug level to 2
• Repeat the scenario which caused the error / problem.
• A debug protocol will be created. Please attach it to the ticket.
For customers using Beas 9.3 PL: 01 or higher:
• With Shift + Doubleclick you can mark a field
• With Click on the camera symbol in debug window you can create a print-screen, which Beas will insert into the debug protocol.
• Attach the debug protocol to the support Web Form
Before submitting a support request for WMS/SCAN:
- Collect all the relevant details, and debug log files.
- For WMS, please go to: http://wiki.produmex.name/doku.php?id=implementation:wms:app_config to check how to set the logging
- For SCAN, please go to: http://wiki.produmex.name/doku.php?id=implementation:manufacturing:service_manager&s=writeline#configuring_produmex_service_broker to check how to set the logging
Once you have set-up the logging, please:
• Repeat the scenario which caused the error / problem.
• A debug protocol will be created and can be found as per instructions in the reported links above. Please attach it to the ticket.
- Review the hardware requirements
- Review any error from Windows Event Viewer.
Before submitting a support request for Boyum IT Horizontal solutions:
- Please check from the version log if the problem is already fixed: B1UP version log, iPayment version log, CRM for Outlook version log.
- Please check this article in our help center to troubleshoot any product crash you're experiencing: Troubleshooting SAP Client/B1UP crashes and freezing
Make sure that you follow the steps described in this chapter in order to assign the correct Classification and prioritization to your ticket. Please note that you cannot add CCs to the ticket after submitting the ticket due to security reasons. If you wish to include another recipient as CC on your support request, you must specify an email address belonging to the same domain of the requester in the CC field of the support request web form (see image below). If you add CCs to your e-mail replies once the ticket has been submitted, they will not receive a reply back from us.
In order to accurately classify and set the correct priority (urgency) of a support request, first assess the type of inquiry (what are the conditions of the issue). The Types of Inquiry list shown should be used for determining where to assign your current request:
Types of Inquiry
- Business Critical: Functionality that the customer’s business depends on for normal and crucial operations – a core part of the software implementation is not working correctly, and it is impacting the operations that keep the business running successfully.
- Degraded Service: Functionality that reduces or impairs the use of a system/service – the system is live but is not performing optimally. All core services are functioning.
- Implementation Issue (Roll-out): Issues affecting the imminent (today/tomorrow) implementation/roll-out of a project – the system is not yet live.
As the second step, carefully determine the Issue Type you're experiencing among the list shown below:
- Crash/data inconsistency: The system crashes unexpectedly; our product creates an inconsistency in the data in the ERP system (receiving wrong results).
- Non-functioning: A bug where a feature is not working and generates an un-managed error message or the product crash as a result. The performance of our products is highly degraded to the point that there is significant slowness in tasks and business-critical work cannot be carried out.
- Incorrectly-functioning: A feature is working but the output is not as specified in the product documentation.
- Incorrectly functioning with a workaround: A feature is working but the output is not as specified in the product documentation. The usability of a specific screen/functionality is impacted to a point that the end-user workflow is at risk of being delayed. There is a workaround that the partner/customer can use to get the correct output.
- Performance issue (without financial impact): There is slowness in our products so that ordinary tasks and normal work are delayed. The issue is non-business critical and has low or no financial impact. NOTE: If this is caused by a customer system or an infrastructural issue, no support will be provided.
- Cosmetic: Spelling mistakes; incorrect icons; misaligned UI items.
- General issues and questions: Various questions relating to product functionality, configuration, documentation, etc.; missing information where the available and relevant documentation is not helpful and/or there is missing information of the product/functionality for business process optimization/configuration.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you will be shown priorities based on the Type of Enquiry and Issue Type values as shown below.
Assign the correct priority to your ticket by checking the criteria shown below:
- Low - Issue has little impact on business operations and does not hinder daily operations.
- Normal - Issue affects business operations in a non-critical way.
- High - Business operations are seriously threatened, and urgent tasks cannot be executed. A workaround exists.
- Urgent - Stand-still with no workaround. The issue is business-critical, has serious consequences for business operations, and requires immediate resolution. The imminent (today/tomorrow) system go-live/upgrade of a production system cannot be completed. No workaround is available.
Other sources of relevant information
For Logistics (WMS/SCAN): review the hardware requirements.
For Horizontal (B1UP, iPayment, CRM for Outlook) products: review the Performance FAQ and troubleshoot the issue based on the steps provided. If the issues persist, please provide feedback from the troubleshooting steps in your ticket.
For Crystal Report: review the Crystal Report performance tips.