While trying to launch a Crystal report you get the error "Log on failed":
The "Log on failed" error is, unfortunately, a generic error that we do not have a simple fix for. Instead, it normally involves some trial and error to locate the issue.
First step is always to try and run the Crystal Report using the SAP Crystal Preview. If this does not work it is a general issue with the Crystal Report.
Other known issues related to this error:
- Missing an UDF or something else in the database preventing the report from running.
- Open the report in the Crystal Reports designer and launch it with the EXACT same parameters as would have been sent by B1P&D. This is important as sometimes it is a scenario that makes it fail.
- Lack of database information (Chech the DB information is correct)
- Missing parameters (Check Crystal Report definition)
- DataSource in the Crystal is wrong : http://youtu.be/j7kpj2tR3d4
- Check that SQL Native Client is installed on the client machines (MSSQL only) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36434
- Check that the correct Crystal Report Runtime is installed (both 32-bit and 64-bit need to be the same) [If not these versions things will not work]
- On SAP 9.3 PL03 and lower the version need to be version 220.127.116.114
- On SAP 9.4 PL04 and higher the version need to be version 18.104.22.16868
If none of the above solves the issue please try with the default layouts provided with B1P&D to determine if it is a layout issue or a general runtime issue. If the default layouts work then the error is in the layout. If they do not work, then something is wrong with the Crystal runtime on the machine.
As a workaround to the issue and if you have only a single database you can go into the Crystal Report and set the Report Option to "As in Report"
If everything fails, try the tool: https://support.boyum-it.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012971447-Tool-Crystal-report-test-tool and report the issue to SAP support.