Production processes generally require the creation of the following master data components:
- A finished good, what we usually sell or used to produce an assembly
- A factory calendar that specify the working days
- A resource, a machine where we produce or transform the assembly or finished good
- A routing or a list of production tasks with production lead times
- A bill of material, a list of raw material and packaging, a recipe
To start using Beas as a production planning and an execution tool in a company, it is essential to understand how to build an item structure. This is actually the major step to consider doing when implementing Beas.