For customers using software with an installed server component and client, the client users are managed under the license's Application Management.
Partner can grant the customer access to the Boyum Portal for the customer to manage their users and access download links.
IMPORTANT: This type of access will not grant the customer access to the partner's portal account!
There are 2 steps to follow:
- Customer access to Boyum Portal: Partner must create a Boyum Portal user under Customers (your customer will receive an email with a password) Be very careful not to allow your customers access to your partner portal! You must sign them up under "Customers"!
- Customer access to Application Management: Customer can now use the Boyum Portal login to access their license's Application Management.
1: Customer access to Boyum Portal
- Go to Customers > Users
Click Create New to set up the person(s) from your customer's company that you'd like to grant access
Select customer, add name and email and press Create
Your customer will receive the following e-mail shortly after creating the user:
2: Customer access to Application Management
When your customer has received the email with login to the Portal, your customer can now log into the Portal. They will be able to:
- See API-Key
- Manage (create, edit and delete) users
- Send license activation emails
- Download subscription file
NB! Please note that the customer will not be able to see or manage maintenance. This access will only give them access to manage their users of the software!