NB: This article is for the official SAP Hosted Cloud platform. It does not cover 3rd party cloud hosting solutions like Cloudiax and others (for such please contact the cloud provider on which of the Boyum Add-ons they allow).
Q: Which of the Boyum Solution products are supported on SAP Hosted Cloud
A: The following chart show which of the Boyum Add-ons are supported
|Product||Support||Official SAP reason for Support status|
|B1 Usability Package||Yes*||* = "Only add-on is allowed. Server Component is not allowed"...|
|beas Manufacturing||No||"Since product install components outside B1 Client we will not allow it"...|
|CRM for Outlook||No||"Since CRM for Outlook has a mandatory server component we will not allow it"...|
"Since iPayment has a mandatory server component we will not allow it"...
Q: Have you guys written poor code since you can't run on SAP Cloud?
A: No. In fact, all of Boyum’s products are successfully running in the Cloud, with various 3rd-party hosting providers. SAP has set certain restrictions on what they will allow on their platform for maintainability reasons. SAP and Boyum IT are working together toward the goal of having all Boyum IT solutions eventually run on the SAP-hosted Cloud.
Q: Why have SAP set such high restrictions?
A: SAP is striving for a high level of automation and standardization, which will ultimately ensure that the SAP-hosted Cloud is affordable, reliable, and meets the highest standards for security. Working together with Boyum and other partners, SAP aims to maintain those high standards while expanding the number of products and features that are available to our customers.
Q: What will Boyum do to get a higher level of support?
A: SAP has initiated a close working relationship with Boyum IT and has committed to working with us to expand the availability of solutions for SAP Business One on the SAP-hosted Cloud.
Q: B1 Usability Package is allowed but not with the server component; what does that mean more specifically for the supported functionality?
A: Without the server component you are not able to use the following features:
- Online exchange rates can't be imported on a schedule (Can still be set during login but not as an example during weekends)
- B1 Print and Delivery can't execute on a schedule (You can still use it in the B1 Client but no automated tasks)
- B1 Mailchimp can't do a nightly sync of its data (You can still execute the sync manually from the B1 Client)
- Master Data Manager schedules are not supported
- B1 Dashboard schedules (to send to emails with the dashboard in them) is not supported
- Lucene search (More advanced B1 Search) is not supported
- UFFE/UFFI Automated batch-runs are not supported
- B1time.com integration is not supported
Q: Any other changes/limitations I need to know running B1 Usability Package in B1 Cloud?
A: There is a few additional things that are not allowed or work in a slightly different way
- All log and cache-files are stored in CCC User folders instead of %appdata% folder (SAP do not allow usage of %appdata%)
- Universal Function - External Launcher is limited to only the exe-files SAP have whitelisted in the environment
- Universal Function - Dynamic Code will not function will not work (blocked by SAP)
- .NET Snippet Code will not function will not work (blocked by SAP)
- Universal Functions - File Exporter is partly blocked (the dynamic code part)
- Universal Functions - File Importer will not work (blocked by SAP)