While the add-on is roughly following a monthly release schedule it sometimes happens that we release an out-of-maintenance hotfix. A hotfix is a zip file with one or more DLL files to replace troubled files from a specific add-on version:
Unless instructed by support to something special then this is the normal way to apply a hotfix:
Applying a hotfix
- Close the SAP Business One Client
- Go to folder C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\Add-ons\BOY\ [for 64 bit add-ons] or C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One\Add-ons\BOY\ [for 32 bit add-ons]
- Take a copy of folder "B1 Usability Package" (in order to be able to revert to the original should there be an issue with the hotfix)
- Enter the "B1 Usability Package" folder
- Unzip the content of the hotfix to the folder (replacing one or more files)
- Locate and remove file "Timestamp.ini"
- Start the SAP Business One client with the "Run as administrator" and test the hotfix (run as administrator is only needed the first time)
Q: Is it enough to apply the hotfix on a single machine?
A: No, the hotfix is a per-machine operation so if multiple users with their own machines all need the hotfix you need to follow the above steps on each machine
Q: I applied a hotfix but now the add-on won't start at all or give other errors. What to do?
A: Hotfixing can be tricky and sometimes mess up. If this happens use the backup of the original folder to revert to the original files.
Q: I have a 32-bit hotfix. Can it also be used on a 64-bit add-on (or vice versa)?
A: No, a hotfix only works on the indicated bit version. If a hotfix only exists for a specific bit-version ask email@example.com for the same hotfix in the right version.
Q: Do you provide hotfixes for all issues?
A: No, if an issue is only small/cosmetic or a newer version of the add-on exists you instead need to wait/upgrade the add-on to a version that fixes the issue.
Q: Do you provide hotfixes for non supported add-on versions?
A: No, at a minimum you need to be on a supported add-on/SAP version before you are entitled to a hotfix.