When a selected contact person email is not entered:
- If you use Outlook or an option to save the email into the draft folder in the email action configuration - a email draft will be created with no email address entered.
- If you don't use the draft folder option (so the system is configured to send that email directly), you will get an error message.
If you would like to create work around to configure in case no email is defined, what can be done is to set the following:
- Create a 'Conditional Action' report action the will query whether the contact has an email defined (In an IF/IFELSE):
- If you use IF only - Set the result to an 'Email Report' to email the document.
- If you use IFELSE- Set the 1st result to an 'Email Report' and the 2nd result to 'Show / Print / Save Report' or to 'Create Internal Message' to highlight those documents that cannot be emailed and perform the action you wish.