SAP Business One 9.3 is now out in partner preview and will soon enter Ramp-up. This FAQ article will explain the B1 Usability Package support for this release.
Q: Is B1 Usability Package compatible with SAP Business One 9.3 (aka can it run)?
A: Yes, We have not found any breaking SDK changes so far. Do however check out the known SAP issues listed at the end of this article that perhaps can make testing on 9.3 rough.
Q: Is B1 Usability Package officially supported on SAP Business One 9.3?
A: No. While the version is in preview SAP tend to still introduce and tweak features. We normally first mark a B1UP version as supporting the new SAP version once ramp-up is well underway and close to final release. Right now the aim for this to be the first release in 2018 (aka to be the first version to officially support 9.3).
That being said, we are offering full email support together with SAP's ramp-up program meaning you will get normal support running on 9.3. Only difference is that should issues arise there might be a slightly longer resolution time as we need to investigate if issue is due to an upcoming change in the final SAP version or not.
Q: What B1UP versions can run 9.3?
A: As there seem to be no breaking SDK changes it seems that all current version listed on www.boyum-it.com/sbo can run on 9.3. All our testing is however done on latest B1UP version so if you plan to try out 9.3 then we recommend you also go to lastest B1UP version.
Q: Are there any know issues or limitations?
A: Please see at the end of this article.
Q: I've found a bug running SAP 9.3. What should I do?
A: Please log a support ticket and indicate in the subject that it is SAP 9.3 so our team will know to treat it as such.
Known issues and limitations
- Remember that SAP is currently in pre-release (aka beta). From experience of previous major release betas this tend to result in worse performance (everything is slower) and more buggy. So far we have not seen this due to anything in the add-on itself but more that the base product is still in development so are to be expected
- [UPDATE: This issue was resolved with SAP 9.3 PL01]. The B1 Client in SAP 9.3 seem to sometimes "forget" who is logged in resulting in add-ons can't start (this affect all add-ons, not just B1UP). You can see that B1 Client is in this "broken" state by seeing that the new "personal setting" toolbar icon is disabled and you can't go to Add-on Administration (you get an error from SAP that you are not allowed). Only workaround for this issue is to restart the B1 Client and the issue goes away. [The issue have already been report to SAP Support but they are yet to find out why it happens]
- While B1UP can run on the new version it can't yet take advantage of the new features. Example Toolbox flags and B1 Print and Delivery can't work on the new RMA Sales document. We intend to add support to these and other features as we get closer to release
- This pre-release of SAP 9.3 seem to not have very good performance (Especially in Browser Access). So far we have not seen anything that indicate it is due to add-ons. It is normal for SAP to have more debug code in early pre-release version so expect worse performance than 9.2 for the moment
- In browser access you may get the error: "Session expired"/"Service is currently unavailable" when starting addons. The reason for this is unknown but it is due to a bug in browser access and it will need to be corrected by SAP. We have machine where it works as intended but running extremely slow (10x slower than normal) so browser access in general has bugs and is not ready for production.