There are several component within Beas with special license assignment. These are:
- Beas APS Gantt Viewer
- Beas Product Configurator (single sales user)
Some will have to assign a Beas user and some others the computer (work station). In those cases, the procedure is very simple and we will guide you step by step:
1. Please go to License screen following the SAP path: Administration > License > License Administration (Beas) or Beas path: Beas > Extras > License
2. Select "Component User Assignment" tab
3. Select one of the components to assign (for example APS Gantt Viewer)
4. Check the computer/server (work station) that will be assigned to this specific component
5. Click update
Now, you will be able to display and manage APS Gantt Viewer
APS Gantt is station related, there two possibilities of assignment
1. local machine or FAT client
- When you're using this type of connection beas is reading directly the station name where you're working on.
2. Terminal server with remote desktop connection
- In this case we're reading variable USERNAME from the windows session
- Then in the beas license assignment you need to look for this "station name"
- This is used because of license policy of SAP, you cannot use two different user on the same machine or same user on two different machines
- So if you are connected remotely from another machine you need to reassign the license to the remote machine in order to not get not valid license error.