Some functions are computationally intensive. It can take a lot of time to calculate big amounts of data.
Program parts with long execution time
Order recommendation report
Calculate the order recommendation can take long. Narrow down by time period, exclude parameters, reduce items or select gross calculation to get a faster result.
For big amounts of data you can run the calculation over night. Setup in activities.
The complete expansion of very large structure can take long. It may not be necessary, because there will be no better overview. You could also try to search within the structure for certain assemblies.
Reduce the maximum of levels to be displayed to restrict the automatic expansion of large structures. See Configuration wizard
Menu loading time is very high
You can check with following SQL: select * from OCMN where father is null
The field “father” must have a value or can be EMPTY, but not NULL!
To correct this issue the partner needs to open a ticket at SAP. They will check it.
For testing (Test-DB) you can use following SQL Update OCMN set Father = ''where Father is null
Please follow this SAP Note: 1727485
In our case mostly help scenario 3 and 4
Other window / functions are solow
- since when it's slow? SAP Update, beas update, without any changes?
- only this station or other stations
- only on a terminal server or local installations too?
- only for a program user?
- only one function or other functions too?
- allways, only in a time period?
- Restart Station / Terminal server / SQL Server
- Customizing inside?
- if project folder on a shared server folder: Fast connection to it?
you can test it: Configuration wizzard - System - Server directory - set local folder, restart and test again
SQL Server check
- Check memory, log file
- running in a virtual machine? Mother system?
- Other parallel installed virtual machines?
- Other active databases used on same machine?
- create protocol for the slow activity
- check duration from sql statements inside the protocol. If slow (> 1000ms), then we've a SQL Server problem
Slow after program update
Remember, that hardware requirements rise with every SBO - version. If only beas was updated, please check:
Start beas without SBO and test again. Use the old version of beas on the same Server / Data base. If there is a significant difference in performance between the old and new version of beas on the same data base with the same server, run checks on SQL level.
Check on SQL level
beas contains a performance analysis.
Open the beas - Debugger. Start one of the slow operations.In Debug screen - Protocol all executed SQL statements are displayed with a blue background. Moving the cursor over a row, a tool tip is opened. There, the execution time is indicated.If a SQL statement has a very long execution time, you can click it and then on the "Edit" button. A SQL window opens for further analysis.
Data base size, reduce number of data sets
If very much data had been registered, the data base should be cleaned up.
- SBO use the cleanup function
- beas - Archive data